As we complete the utility relocation work for the City's West Valley LRT project, you can expect to activity that's typical to construction. In addition to work activities needed for this project, like
open trench excavation, here are some things to expect during construction.
- Depending on the work location, residents and businesses can expect to see activity that is typical to construction, including company/contractor vehicles and equipment.
- Road/lane and sidewalk closures should be anticipated. Signage will indicate closures and detours along with parking restrictions.
- We will work with the City of Edmonton to relocate bus stops as needed.
- Construction vehicles used for hauling along roadways in work areas.
- Depending on your location along the route you may experience a water outage during the course of the planned construction work. If we have to shut off the water main temporarily during construction, you will receive written notice at least 24 hours in advance. Water service will typically resume within eight hours.
- If we need to shut off your water during construction for longer than eight hours, we will provide you with a temporary above ground water supply. There will be no consumption charge for water provided through the temporary line. You will only pay the monthly basic charge for water supply and any water consumption provided by regular metering service.
- Planned power outages may be necessary. Outages may be between eight to 12 hours at a time and residents will be notified 10 days prior to a scheduled outage.
- Work will create typical noise associated with construction. We will take measures to ensure compliance with the City of Edmonton's Community Standards Bylaw for Noise Control.
- Work outside the noise bylaw hours may occur. More information will be distributed as if noise will occur outside bylaw hours.
- Four laydown areas for material storage are required for this project. Material will be transported to and from these areas for the duration of the construction activities. The laydown areas will be established in mid-August and will be used until the project is completed(approximately 2022).
- The locations are:
- 10327 135 Street
- 10348 133 Street
- 10403 133 Street NW
- South of Stony Plain Road and East of Sylvancroft Lane
Work space and environment
- All work areas will be maintained in a safe and secure manner. All construction activities will be performed in accordance with the City of Edmonton's bylaws, Occupational Health and Safety requirements as well as EPCOR's strict health, safety, and environmental procedures and guidelines.