In addition to the Valley Line West LRT Utility Relocation Project, an adjacent project, the
City of Edmonton's 105 Avenue Streetscape Project, will begin in 2020 along 105 Avenue between 107 Street and 116 Street.
In advance of this project, we need to relocate utilities and construct a new storm tunnel, which will reduce odours, increase capacity of the system and reduce the risk of flooding.
In 2020, we'll be working between 107 Street and 114 Street with Power and Drainage work. A brief overview of the work is outlined below.
Power work: between 109 Street and 114 Street
- Overhead power lines will be buried for this project, improving the esthetic in the area and upgrading the existing infrastructure
Drainage work: between 107 Street and 109 Street
- A new storm tunnel will be constructed along 105 Avenue between 107 Street and 114 Street.
micro-tunneling construction method will be used for this project.
- Four shaft locations will be utilized:
- On 105 Avenue, east of 107 St
- On 105 Avenue, east of 108 St
- On 108 Street, north of 105 Ave
- West of 109 St
- Staring in the Fall of 2020 105 Avenue between 107 and 108 Street for approximately 4 to 5 months
- Starting in Winter of 2020 the intersection of 105 Avenue and 108 Street will be closed for approximately 5 to 6 months.