How Automatic Power Installs (API) Help
An API reduces the risk of the power being disconnected when an account isn't in service at one of your rental properties by automatically transferring electricity services to you or your management company. We'll issue an account number and place each property into service when a tenant leaves so you don't have to worry.
Benefits of APIs
- Reduce the risk of disconnect or interruption in service by remaining in billing.
- Save time: You do not have to call or manage your account each time a tenant vacates.
- No additional disconnect/reconnect fees because the power will remain on at the site.
- Have the ability to show rental property to prospective tenants with lights on and running appliances.
Winter rules for service
Between the period of October 15 and April 15, or any other time when the temperature is forecast to be below 0° in a 24-hour period,
winter rules are in effect.
By having an API in place, premise(s) remain in service, and billing continues, reducing the risk of property damage.
All residential premises vacant or not, disconnected for non-payment or on an API or not, may be limited during winter rules for safety concerns such as protecting pipes from freezing. It is the landowner's responsibility for charges at vacant premises during winter rules.
* Wire Owners may fully disconnect or limit services to units (apartments) in a centrally heated facility (apartment or condo building) any time of the year.
How to Apply
Complete the Automatic Power Install application form and submit it to us by
email or mail your application form to:
EPCOR Customer Service
2000 - 10423 101 St. NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 0E8