Skip ribbon commands
Skip to main content

Tools to keep your project on track

Our guides and checklists offer valuable information when you're building a new home or renovating an existing property.

 Wate​r and drainage​​


Electrical permits

Owners of a single-family residence who plan to install electrical wiring personally may also apply for an electrical permit with the City of Edmonton. You must have the knowledge and capability to personally complete the installation. An inspector will review your installation plans with you before a permit is issued.

Electrical permits may be issued to an electrical contractor who is licensed in the City of Edmonton.

How to apply for an electrical permit

  • When you go to the Permits and Licensing Service Centre, bring your personal identification showing your current address.
  • You may need proof of ownership if your home has been purchased within the past six months.

Note: Electrical permits are cancelled after ninety days if no inspection has been requested and all installations require at least one visit from an electrical inspector. ​​​​​​


Did you know that you can track your project ​status online?

Find out how​​

Have q​ue​​st​​​​ions? Contact

Water and drainage​
(780) 496-5444​

(780) 412-3128​​​​​​​​

Content here