Impacts at Worksite #1A - Westbound on 29A Avenue and east of 111 Street
At Worksite #1A, we'll first construct a shaft, a tunnel boring machine (MTBM) will be lowered into the shaft, and then move into the tunneling phase.
During this work, you'll encounter:
- Right turn lane onto 111 Street northbound from 29A Avenue, including the crosswalk, will be fully closed.
- 111 Street southbound will be reduced to one lane.
- An above-ground bypass will be required to divert the flow during the sanitary connection. The bypass will cross the concrete median adjacent to the right turn lane onto 111 Street northbound from 29A Avenue.
- Bus Stop #4491 will remain open during construction.
- The multi-use trail adjacent to work area along 111 Street will remain open during construction.
- Regular construction activities from Monday to Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Work taking place 24 hours a day during the tunneling period.
- The tunneling period is estimated to start 3 months after the start of the shaft construction
- A portion of this work will include 24 hours a day, 7 days a week construction. The estimated timeline is fall 2021 to spring 2022 – 128 days
- Heavy traffic along the haul route; tandem trucks and equipment will be coming down the haul route 5-7 times a day. The haul route for this work location is as follows:
- Trucks will enter the worksite on 29A Avenue from 109 Street.
- Trucks will exit the work area using 111 Street.