Impacts at Worksite #2 - East of 111 Street and south of 34 Avenue
At Worksite #2, we'll first construct a shaft to receive the tunnel boring machine (MTBM) from Worksite #1A and turn the MTBM to tunnel east along 34 Avenue.
During this work, you'll encounter:
- No traffic impacts at this location.
- A potential for tree removal to accommodate the shaft construction.
- The multi-use trail adjacent to work area along 111 Street will remain open during construction.
- Regular construction activities from Monday to Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Work taking place 24 hours a day during the tunneling period
- The tunneling period is estimated to start 3 months after the start of the shaft construction
- A portion of this work will include 24 hours a day, 7 days a week construction. The estimated timeline is fall 2021 to spring 2023 – 411 days
- Heavy traffic along the haul route; tandem trucks and equipment will be coming down the haul route 5-7 times a day. Trucks will enter and exit the worksite using 111 Street or 34 Avenue.