To try to understand and reduce the construction impacts to the public, we've met with the Grovenor Community League, the Crestwood Community League, the West Jasper Place Community League, the Candy Cane Lane Committee, St. Andrew's Church and several other organizations that will be impacted by the work.
While we complete this work, you can expect to see activity that's typical to construction, including company/ contractor vehicles and equipment in your neighbourhood.
- You can expect to see activity that is typical to construction, including company/ contractor vehicles and equipment. The contractor may use a combination of excavators, loaders, skid steers, cranes, and tandem trucks, as well as other equipment.
- The construction area will be fenced/restricted.
- Work will create typical noise associated with construction.
- Heavy trucks will be moving through residential streets.
- Safety is our first priority. All work areas will be fenced off and secured and flagging personnel will be used where necessary.
- Work may be delayed due to extreme weather, such as lightning, cold temperatures, and wind. Updates will be provided if original timelines are adjusted.
Hours of work
- During shaft construction and manhole work (all worksites), typical hours of work will be Monday to Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. If required, these hours may be adjusted or extended, and construction may occur on Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
- Vehicles related to construction may be parked on the road near the construction sites. No parking signs may also be placed in certain areas.
Sidewalks, walkways, pedestrian crossings
- Detours will be created for any sidewalk / pedestrian crossing closures.
- Lighting structures will be placed low within the worksite to minimize light from spilling outside the worksite.
The Haul Route is the system of roads between a worksite and the nearest major intersection that construction vehicles will take when entering and exiting the worksite.
During this work, you'll see heavy traffic along the haul routes.