If you're a contractor being considered for—or have been awarded—a contract with EPCOR, background screening for security clearance will be required.
Security clearance is required for all contractors who need:
- Unescorted access to our facilities; or
- Logical access to our network.
Obtaining security clearance
Contractor applicants can obtain security clearance in one of three ways:
- Completing a background screening request at
Sterling Talent Solutions – EPCOR will receive the results directly.
- Providing a Criminal Record Check from and accredited law enforcement agency dated within 90 days of hire date.
- Provide a federal government Security Screening Certificate dated within 3 years of the hire date.
Federal government security screening certificates will also be accepted as security clearance application only if:
- The applicant is currently a federal government employee and;
- It's dated within 3 years of the request for EPCOR clearance.
The contractor applicant will be responsible for covering any costs associated with obtaining a Criminal Record Check.
If you're a contractor applicant with a criminal record and a federal government pardon hasn't been granted, you must disclose the conviction in accurate detail.
If the results from backcheck show that the disclosure was "Not Clear," you may be:
- Denied security clearance or;
- Asked to obtain a current Criminal Record Check to submit to the hiring manager.
EPCOR reserves the right to refuse unescorted access to contractors based on past criminal history, or for non-disclosure of past criminal conviction.
Contractors with approved security clearance
If you're a contractor who has been granted security clearance, you'll be issued a "Contractor" Access ID badge for the expected work timeframe.
An access extension may be requested if required.
Visitor screening process
If you're a contractor that needs physical access for less than 5 days, you will be considered a visitor and must follow the visitor security process. You will be required to:
- Have a site contact
- Sign in and out of EPCOR facilities
- Be prepared to present photo ID to site reception or security personnel
- Visibly wear a visitor ID card
- Be under the care of the site contact for the entire time you are on EPCOR property
- Comply fully with all EPCOR policies and procedures when on EPCOR property