If you're a contractor being considered for—or have been awarded—a contract with EPCOR, background screening for security clearance will be required.
Security clearance is required for all contractors who need:
- Unescorted access to our facilities; or
- Logical access to our network.
Obtaining security clearance
Contractor applicants can obtain security clearance in one of three ways:
- Completing a background screening request at Sterling Talent Solutions – EPCOR will receive the results directly.
- Providing a Criminal Record Check from and accredited law enforcement agency dated within 90 days of hire date.
- Provide a federal government Security Screening Certificate dated within 3 years of the hire date.
Federal government security screening certificates will also be accepted as security clearance application only if:
- The applicant is currently a federal government employee and;
- It's dated within 3 years of the request for EPCOR clearance.
The contractor applicant will be responsible for covering any costs associated with obtaining a Criminal Record Check.
If you're a contractor applicant with a criminal record and a federal government pardon hasn't been granted, you must disclose the offense in accurate detail.
If the results from backcheck show that the disclosure was "Not Accurate," you may be:
- Denied security clearance or;
- Asked to obtain a current Criminal Record Check to submit to the hiring manager.
EPCOR reserves the right to refuse unescorted access to contractors based on past criminal history, or for non-disclosure of past criminal offences.
Contractors with approved security clearance
If you're a contractor who has been granted security clearance, you'll be issued a "Contractor" Access ID badge with an expiry date clearly shown on the card.
Contractor access will be denied after the expiration date. An access extension may be requested if required.
Visitor screening process
If you're a contractor that needs physical access for less than 5 days, you will be considered a visitor and must follow the visitor security process. You will:
- Sign in and out of EPCOR facilities.
- Be prepared to present photo ID to site reception or security personnel.
- Visibly wear a visitor ID card.
- Have a site contact.
- Be under the care of the site contact for the entire time you are on EPCOR property.
- Comply fully with all EPCOR policies and procedures when on EPCOR property.