Code of Conduct for Customers
Our Commitment to You
We're committed to a high standard of professional conduct in all our dealings with you. To help us maintain that standard, we follow the Code of Conduct Regulation, a law under the Electric Utilities Act. This regulation ensures that we are fair, open, and transparent in all our dealings with retailers and customers.
The Code of Conduct Regulation governs aspects of Alberta's retail electricity and natural gas market and is intended to create a level playing field for retailers, while at the same time ensuring that customers and customer information are adequately protected. Any person that feels that an EPCOR company has failed to conduct its business in accordance with the Code of Conduct Regulation may submit a complaint to the Alberta Utilities Commission at email@example.com or by phoning 1-780-427-4903, or to the Market Surveillance Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 1-403-705-3181. The Alberta Utilities Commission and the Market Surveillance Administrator are independent of EPCOR Distribution & Transmission Inc., EPCOR Energy Alberta GP Inc. and Encor. Any billing complaints should be submitted by phoning 310-4300 or by email to email@example.com.
View our Code of Conduct Regulation Compliance Plan.
Approved by the Alberta Utilities Commission on an interim basis, effective January 1, 2017
Code of Conduct With Affiliates
Inter-affiliate Code of Conduct
EPCOR is made up of utility and non-utility affiliates. As part of our commitment to a high standard of professional conduct, we comply with the Alberta Utilities Commission's (AUC) Inter-Affiliate Code of Conduct. It ensures that the dealings between our affiliates are fair, open, and transparent.
If you have complaints or questions about the Inter-Affiliate Code of Conduct, contact the AUC.
View our Inter-Affiliate Code of Conduct Compliance Plan.
Annual compliance reports to the AUC
Investigation & Handling Procedure
If you have a complaint related to EPCOR's compliance with the codes of conduct that we follow, contact us. Any person or entity can make a complaint to anyone at EPCOR, either verbally or in writing. Please include your name and contact information so we can reach you, as well as details of the incident.
Once you've made a complaint, it will be forwarded to our compliance officer as quickly as possible. The compliance officer will:
- Acknowledge the complaint within 5 business days.
- Investigate the situation, which may involve conducting interviews and/or reviewing documents and electronic records. We try to resolve complaints within 21 business days of the date the compliance officer receives the complaint.
- Work with the conduct leader of the appropriate business unit to ensure the issue is resolved. The subject matter of a valid complaint must be resolved by the appropriate business unit within 60 days, unless the MSA or the AUC allows for a longer period.
- Report the complaint to the AUC, the MSA, and the EPCOR Utilities Inc. Board of Directors. In all other respects, your complaint will remain strictly confidential.
- Log the information received and actions taken and keep the log for 6 years.
Compliance and Privacy Officer
Phone: (780) 412-3721
Fax: (780) 441-7118
2000-10423 101 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 0E8