- Work will create typical noise associated with construction.
- Noise mitigation measures, such as noise control panels around the equipment, will be implemented to comply with City standards.
- Heavy trucks will be moving through residential streets.
- Safety is our first priority for our site workers and community members. All work areas will be fenced off and secured, and flagging personnel will be used where necessary.
- Work may be delayed due to extreme weather, such as lightning, cold temperatures, and wind. Updates will be provided if original timelines are adjusted.
Hours of Work
- During shaft construction, typical hours of work will be 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday. If required, these hours may be adjusted or extended, and construction may occur on Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- During the tunneling period, there will be continuous work 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
- 24/7 tunneling will only occur at Worksites #2, #3, #5, #7, #8 and #11. Advance notification will be provided to residences and businesses near the work area prior to the start of 24/7 tunneling.
- There may be odour during the work around L.Y. Cairns School.
- Vehicles related to the construction may be parked on the road near the construction sites.
- You can expect to see activity that is typical to construction, including company/contractor vehicles and equipment.
- A combination of excavators, loaders, skid steers, cranes, and tandem trucks, as well as other equipment at worksite locations.
- There will also be a two-story soil separator at Worksites #2, #3, #5, #7, #8 and #11 used to manage soil from tunneling operations.