EPCOR has plans in place to manage disruptions or emergencies, and we are committed to providing reliable utility services to the communities that count on us. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak, and will provide further updates on customer service impacts.
Updated: May 27, 2020
Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic created many challenges, including impacts to individuals and businesses whose incomes were disrupted. In partnership with the Government of Alberta and the municipalities we serve, residential, small commercial and farm customers who experienced difficulties paying their utility bills had the option to defer paying their electricity bill (across Alberta) and their water bill (in Edmonton) for up to 90 days with no late fees.
If you expect to have difficulty paying your EPCOR bill, please contact us at 310-4300 to make payment arrangements suitable to you before the deferral period ends on June 18, 2020.
Next steps after the deferral period ends
The 90 day deferral period ends June 18, 2020. If you deferred your bill, here is some important information to keep in mind leading up to the end of the deferral period.
How we will work with you
- We are reaching out to customers ahead of the deferral period ending to help them make payment arrangements, so they can manage any outstanding amounts.
- We are also reaching out to customers who may have previously made payment arrangements to confirm that those arrangements still work for them.
- Customers who already set up payment arrangements will see those continue or come into effect at the close of the deferral period without needing to contact EPCOR again.
- Customers who do not contact EPCOR will automatically see their outstanding balance divided into 10 equal monthly installments leading up to June 18, 2021.
- We encourage any customers who have deferred paying their bills to contact us at 310-4300 if they have not already made payment arrangements.
About your utility services
As we near the end of the deferral period, we want to provide some clarity regarding your utility services.