Where to find bank information on your cheque
To set up automatic withdrawal from your bank account, we'll need your branch transit number, financial institution number, and account number. To help you find this on your cheque we have provided an example. Keep in mind:
- The numbers you need will be at the bottom of your cheque.
- The Transit / Branch number will be 5 digits.
- The Bank / Financial Institution number is always 3 digits.
- Find your Account numbers to the right of your transit and financial institution numbers. Account numbers are a minimum of 7 digits and may be up to 12 digits long.
- Some banks, like TD, have a designation number that should be included as part of the account number.
Avoid entry errors - don't use spaces or dashes and double check to ensure you entered numbers in the correct order.