To try to understand and reduce the construction impacts to the public, we've met with the Grovenor Community League, the Crestwood Community League, the West Jasper Place Community League, the Candy Cane Lane Committee, St. Andrew's Church and several other organizations that will be impacted by the work.
While we complete this work, you can expect to see activity that's typical to construction, including company/ contractor vehicles and equipment in your neighborhood.
- You can expect to see activity that is typical to construction, including company/ contractor vehicles and equipment. The contractor may use a combination of excavators, loaders, skid steers, cranes, and tandem trucks, as well as other equipment. There will also be a two-story soil separator at the
148 Street and Summit Drive work location.
- The construction area will be fenced/restricted.
- Approximately ten employees may be on site at a time.
- Work will create typical noise associated with construction.
- Noise abatement measures will be implemented at the 24-hours a day tunneling sites to comply with City standards.
- Heavy trucks will be moving through residential streets.
- Safety is our first priority. All work areas will be fenced off and secured and flagging personnel will be used where necessary.
- Work may be delayed due to extreme weather, such as lightning, cold temperatures, and wind. Updates will be provided if original timelines are adjusted.
Hours of work
- During shaft construction and manhole work (all worksites), typical hours of work will be Monday to Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. If required, these hours may be adjusted or extended, and construction may occur on Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- During the tunneling period there will be continuous work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 24/7 tunnelling will only occur at
148 Street and Summit Drive and
148 Street and 99 Avenue.
- There may be odour during the sewer tie-in work at:
- This work is anticipated to take 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
- Odour mitigation measures will be implemented by the contractor during construction tie-in activity.
- Vehicles related to construction may be parked on the road near the construction sites. No parking signs may also be placed in certain areas.
- An off-site parking lot has been secured for the contractor's personal vehicles near the 148 Street and Summit Drive site.
Sidewalks, walkways, pedestrian crossings
- Detours will be created for any sidewalk / pedestrian crossing closures.
- Lighting structures will be placed low within the worksite to minimize light from spilling outside the worksite.