Skip ribbon commands
Skip to main content

​Moving soon?

Our customer service team of energy experts can help you transfer your current Encor by EPCOR contract for utility services to your new address. As an Encor customer, we can help simplify your move by transferring your utilities so you're ready to settle in as soon as you walk through the door to your new home.

How to transfer your utility services

1. Contact Encor in advance

Call us at 310-4300 at least 3 business days before you want services transferred. For a small fee, you can receive services the next business day.

2. Have your address ready

Our energy experts will need the following information to help you transfer your services to a new address:

  • Your contact details, including your email address

  • Your new service address

  • Your site identification number (if you know it)

  • Your new billing address

If you aren't sure what your new address will be, you can put your energy plan on hold for up to 90 days while you confirm your new address.

A few things to keep in mind

  • If power and natural gas services are not turned on at your new home, an additional fee may apply to turn them on.
  • You can have both your current and new home on the same energy plan for up to 90 days. We may require a deposit, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • Encor services just about all of Alberta, but if your new address is outside our service area or you move outside of the province, you'll need to search for a new retailer for your power and natural gas.

Not sure what you need? Our team of energy experts are here to help make it a smooth transition. Call us at 310-4300 today and an Encor customer service specialist will help you through the process and answer any questions you may have.



Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).