Skip ribbon commands
Skip to main content


​Moving soon?

If you’re planning on moving into another home or a new home in Alberta, you can easily move your existing Encor home energy plan to the new location. Complete the process 5 calendar days before you want to move or for a small fee, you can receive services the next business day.​​

How to transfer your electricity and natural gas services

You can make the change online or by contacting us directly but either way you'll want to have the following items in hand first:

  • ​Your contact details, including your email address

  • Your new service address

  • Your site identification number (if you know it)

  • Your new billing address

If you aren't sure what your new address will be, you can put your energy plan on hold for up to 90 days while you confirm your new address.​​​​​

Move services online or by phone: you decide!

Here’s how the simple online process works: 

1. If you don’t already have a My Account profile set up, do that first:

  • Go to our My Account Page
  • Under “New Online Account”, select the Register Now button
  • Fill in your email address and create a password
  • Login under your new username and password

2. Click on "Move services" on your Account Overview page, under the Account Summary, and follow the prompts.

Prefer to speak to a person or not sure what you need?​

We get it. Our team of energy experts are here to help make it a smooth transition. Call us at 310-4300 today and an Encor customer service specialist will help you through the process and answer any questions you may have.​

A few things to keep in mind

  • If power and natural gas services are not turned on at your new home, an additional fee may apply to turn them on.
  • You can have both your current and new home on the same energy plan for up to 90 days. We may require a deposit, which will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • Encor services just about all of Alberta, but if your new address is outside our service area or you move outside of the province, you'll need to search for a new retailer for your power and natural gas.​


Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).