Skip ribbon commands
Skip to main content

Moving? transfer Or end ​your Utilities online.

We can help you tackle your moving list by making it easy to transfer your EPCOR services online. Remember to give us at least 3 business days' notice to ensure your utilities are switched on time.

Tr​ansfer you​​r services online 

3 things to know before moving your utilities

  1. The address of your new home or business.
  2. The date you'd like to transfer your EPCOR services. Remember to give at least 3 business days' notice.
  3. If utilities are currently turned on at your new home. If not, an additional fee may apply to turn them on. Ask your realtor or landlord if you're not sure.


Give 3 business days' notice to transfer utilities

Let us know about the details of your move at least 3 business days prior to your moving day and we'll make sure your utilities are set up at your new place on time. Otherwise, services may not be turned on at your new home or business on move-in day.

Tr​ansfer you​​r services online 

More about moving your EPCOR utility services

Keeping services on in more than one location

You don’t have to wait to move your services. You can keep services at both your current and new home or business.

Moving out of Alberta or ending your services?

We can transfer your EPCOR services if you're moving within Alberta. However, if you're moving outside of Alberta, you'll have to find a new service provider. Remember to provide at least 3 business days' notice to ensure you are no longer billed for services at your home once you have moved out.

Keeping service on when tenants move out

If you're a landlord and want to keep power on when a tenant moves out and cancels their service, submit an Automatic Power Install Application. Visit our Landlord Information page for more information. ​​


Cross "Move utilities" off your moving list
Transfer your services online


Customers are free to purchase natural gas services or electricity services from a retailer of their choice. For a list of retailers, visit or call 310-4822 (toll free in Alberta).