The Alberta Government electricity rebate
The Alberta Government recently announced an extension to the electricity rebate being delivered to eligible Alberta electricity customers. As EPCOR has done before, we will ensure the rebate is delivered to eligible customers as per the approved Government of Alberta legislation.
Here is what you need to know about the electricity rebate.
- Customers are automatically eligible for the rebate if they are currently connected to the system and receive a monthly bill directly from a utility provider and consume less than 250 MW hours per year in 2022. Eligible customers include residential, farm, irrigation and commercial electricity sites consuming less than 250 MW hours per year in 2022.
- Yard and security lights are ineligible.
- Sub-metered sites (when a condo or apartment type building has one large commercial meter and then individual meters are installed for each unit) are ineligible.
- Beginning in the July billing cycle, eligible customers will see the rebate automatically appear on the EPCOR bill under Delivery Charges as the GOA Utility Commodity Rebate.
- The rebate will be
automatically applied to bills and will be distributed as
a $50 monthly rebate for each eligible site for six consecutive months – for a total of $300
Customers do not need to do anything to receive the rebate, and there is no application process for the rebate.
If the rebate is not on your July bill, please wait until your next bill as exact timing will vary depending on your billing cycle.
- All eligible customers will receive the full Government of Alberta rebate over 6 consecutive months. The starting point may depend on your bill cycle, and in some cases it may take up to 2 months for the first rebate to appear from July.
- The rebate is GST exempt, and is deducted off the total charges after GST is applied.
If you have any questions or concerns with the eligibility criteria, you'll need to contact the
Utility Consumer Advocate at 310-4822 or email UCAhelps@gov.ab.ca for support.
Visit the Government of Alberta website for more information on the
Government of Alberta Rebate.