Skip ribbon commands
Skip to main content

​Notice for Clovis customers

NOTICE is hereby given that on September 8, 2020, EPCOR Water New Mexico, 1005 N. Norris St., Clovis, NM, 88101, filed with the STATE ENGINEER Application No. CC-515 into CC-559, CC-1660 and CC-1660-S2 for permit for Additional Groundwater Points of Diversion within the Curry County Underground Water Basin of the State of New Mexico.

Curry County is the County affected by the diversion and in which the water has been or will be put to beneficial use. This notice is ordered to be published in the Eastern New Mexico News.

The applicant seeks a permit to use existing wells as additional groundwater points of diversion located on land owned by the applicant as follows:

​Well No. ​Subdivision ​Section ​Township ​Range
​CC-549 ​SE1/4NE1/4NW1/4 ​17 ​2 N. ​36 E.
​CC-1660 ​NW1/4NW1/4NW1/4 ​15 ​2 N. ​36 E.
​CC-1660-S2 ​SW1/4NE1/4SW1/4 ​10 ​2 N. ​36 E.

As additional points of diversion to supplement the diversion of up to 1613.01 acre-feet per annum of shallow (Ogallala aquifer) groundwater for commercial, municipal and industrial purposes delivered to the City of Clovis and surrounding adjacent areas.

The applicant proposes to supplement the following described well:

​Well No. ​Subdivision ​Section ​Township ​Range
​CC-515 ​NE1/4NE1/4NW1/4 ​12 ​1 N. ​36 E.

The water right is currently authorized to supply water to EPCOR Water New Mexico's service area in Curry County, described as follows:

​Subdivision ​Section ​Township ​Range ​Acres
​EPCOR service area ​Multiple ​2 N. ​35 E. ​N/A
​EPCOR service area ​Multiple ​2 N. ​36 E. ​N/A
​EPCOR service area ​Multiple ​3 N. ​35 E. ​N/A
​EPCOR service area ​Multiple ​3 N. ​36 E. ​N/A

The applicant has requested Emergency Authorization pursuant to NMSA 72-12-24 (1978).

Move-from well number CC-515 is located on Curry Rd. 5, 1.53 miles west from the intersection of Hwy 70. Move-to well number CC-549 is located on the northwest corner of East Grand Avenue and Sycamore Street. Move-to well numbers CC-1660 and CC-1660-S2 are located on Curry Rd 10, 2.29 miles east of the intersection with Hwy 70, near Clovis, Curry County, New Mexico.

To view the application and supporting documentation contact the State Engineer District Office to arrange a date and time for an appointment located at 1900 West Second Street, Roswell, NM 88201.

Any person, firm or corporation or other entity asserting standing to file objections or protests shall do so in writing (objection must be legible, signed, and include the writer's complete name, phone number, email address, and mailing address).  If the protest does not include the complete name, phone number, email address, and mailing address, it may be deemed invalid and not accepted for filing unless Protestant provides with the protest an affidavit stating that it does not have one of the above-listed elements/requirements (phone number, mailing address, email address, etc.). The objection to the approval of the application must be based on:  (1) Impairment; if impairment, you must specifically identify your water rights; and/or (2) Public Welfare/Conservation of Water; if public welfare or conservation of water within the state of New Mexico, you shall be required to provide evidence showing how you will be substantially and specifically affected.  The written protest must be filed, in triplicate, with the State Engineer, 1900 West Second Street, Roswell, New Mexico 88201, on or before April 30, 2021.  Facsimiles (faxes) will be accepted as a valid protest if the hard copy is hand-delivered or mailed and postmarked within 24-hours of the facsimile.  Mailing postmark will be used to validate the 24-hour period.  Protests can be faxed to the Office of the State Engineer, (575) 623-8559.  If no valid protest or objection is filed, the State Engineer will evaluate the application in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 72 NMSA 1978.