We collect personal information in order to:
- Confirm customer identity and credit history.
- Provide customers with ongoing service.
- Manage and develop EPCOR's business and operations.
- Understand customer needs and preferences.
- Develop, enhance, market or provide EPCOR's products or services.
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
With your consent, we may ask for some or all of the following information:
- Contact information (name, address, email address and telephone numbers).
- Personal identification.
- Credit history.
- Bank account details (for Automatic Payment Withdrawal).
- Legal documents (death certificates, proof of ownership or lease).
How We Protect Your Personal Information
In order to protect your privacy, we:
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any reason other than stated in the purposes above unless authorized or required by law.
- Will protect your personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Will only keep your personal information as long as reasonably required.
- Have established a
- Restrict who has access to your personal information.
- Will strive to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
To Whom We Release Information
We may disclose personal information to:
- A person who you designate as your agent using the Third Party Consent Form.
- A company involved in supplying you with electricity, water, natural gas or other related services.
- A company (including EPCOR affiliates) or an individual employed by EPCOR to perform functions on its behalf.
- A credit reporting agency.
- A collection agency.
- A public authority if, in the reasonable opinion of EPCOR, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property.
- Third party or parties where you consent to such disclosure or where the disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can access the personal information that we've collected about you in the following ways:
- View your EPCOR bill for basic details such as billing address, payment history, etc.
- Inquire with our Customer Services staff. If our Customer Services personnel are unable to provide the information that you require, they will help you to start a formal access request through our Privacy Office.
- Submit this
Request to Access Customer Personal Information Form. We will respond to you within 30 calendar days of receiving your written request.
Note: Our ability to provide information about you will be limited by the following:
- Where prohibited by law.
- Where our records contain confidential information about other persons.
- Where our records contain information proprietary to EPCOR.