The Ad Valorem tax
The Ad Valorem tax is an adjustment to customers’ bills to recover EPCOR’s annual property taxes.
More on Ad Valorem:
- Ad Valorem Taxes are property taxes, a type of locally assessed tax that depends on the value of the property being taxed. Each year, they provide funding to local services in Texas such as public schools, libraries, playgrounds, streets and roads, police, fire and emergency medical services.
- This year, the tax adjustment will be billed from July to November to help mitigate cost. Spreading the amount over five months helps EPCOR customers. Customers will see an average monthly bill change.
- The amount has increased due to the Alamo pipeline merger and the EPCOR office building in Magnolia.
- The increase amounts to $0.4016 per ccf. EPCOR collects the tax and then submits it to government agencies without a markup.
- For more information, please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-800-383-0834.