If your building or property has been closed for multiple weeks, it will be important to flush your water system thoroughly to clear out any stagnant water. Here's how:
- Open all hot and cold water taps (sinks, showers, etc.) and let them run for at least 10 minutes.
- Flush all toilets/urinals.
- Run all water-using appliances (dishwashers, clothes washers, etc.) before operating for service.
- Drain any systems that could have standing water in them, such as outdoor misting systems, ice machines, etc.
- If you have an appliance with a filter, such as a refrigerator or ice maker, follow the manufacturer's instructions to replace the water filters after flushing is finished.