After you have
applied for service and completed the
Meter Size and Location Request form, we will send one of our EPCOR gas technicians to your property to make sure everything is in order for construction.
Initial site visit
Our first visit will allow us to:
- Determine the pathway and size of the gas line from the street to your property
- Confirm the location of the gas meter on your property, noted on your Meter Request form
- Measure the distance from your property line to the proposed meter location*
- Take pictures for construction and installation records
- Place a mark or sticker where the meter will be placed on your property foundation. Please do not move or tamper with this mark
All of this work takes place outside your home so you do not have to be present for this visit or come in contact with our technicians.
*Installation from the distribution system to the meter up to a maximum of 30 metres from your property line will be completed at no cost. Most customers can connect to the mainline within 30 metres. Customers who require more line to connect, will be provided with an estimate for the additional line cost, which, if approved, will be charged on their first bill.