We administer a Cross Connection Program to help commercial businesses and multi-residential property owners. The program:
- Maintains a database of facilities, building owners and backflow prevention assemblies installed within the building along with a test history of each of those assemblies and notes from inspections.
- Maintains a database of certified testers and installers of backflow prevention assemblies.
- Ensures that equipment used by all certified installers and testers are calibrated annually.
- Conducts cross connection inspections of new and existing buildings within the City of Edmonton.
- Notifies our customers of past-due annual testing requirements.
Backflow preventers shall be tested:
- Upon installation
- When cleaned, repaired or overhauled
- When relocated
- As required by the regulatory authority
Test reports must be submitted to the Cross Connection Control office within 30 days of the test.
For property owners:
For certified testers:
Register with EPCOR as a Certified Backflow Tester
1. Download and electronically complete these forms:
2. Fax or email them to us.