We encourage homebuilders to have a water meter installed in a new home before the owners take possession. This proactive installation minimizes the impact on our customers, since we won't need to coordinate a scheduled visit and gain access to their home.
A new home is considered ready for water meter installation when:
- The meter setting meets plumbing code requirements.
- The home has adequate heating during the winter months.
- Prepare a list of addresses ready for water meter installation.
Send us this list using the online form below. One of our metering representatives will contact you to start the installation process. Supply us with a pair of keys.
- Include possession date(s) for each address so we can make sure the meter is installed on time.
Let us know who to contact when the job is done.
- Call us to arrange a key pickup or to schedule an appointment if you don't have an extra set of keys. Use the phone number listed on the right of this page.
- Provide us with a contact person and his/her phone number for a process follow-up.
Note: Any water consumption recorded on the meter before possession won't be billed to the homebuilder. We'll record it as construction water.
Water meter installation form