You can expect to experience typical construction activities during this work. Here are the details about what you can expect during construction.
Hours of work
The typical hours of operation will be from 7:00am to 7:00pm Monday to Saturday and from 9:00am to 7:00pm on Sunday. EPCOR will do everything possible to manage noise associated with the construction. We will work to ensure that the construction is completed within the requirements of the City of Edmonton Noise Bylaw.
While we complete the work for the Steinhauer and Ermineskin Flood Mitigation Project, you can expect to see activity that's typical to construction, including company/ contractor vehicles and equipment in your neighbourhood.
- You can expect to see activity that is typical to construction, including company/ contractor vehicles and equipment. The contractor may use a combination of excavators, loaders, skid steers, and tandem trucks, as well as other equipment.
- The construction area will be fenced/restricted.
- Work will create typical noise associated with construction.
- Heavy trucks will be moving through residential streets.
- Safety is our first priority. All work areas will be fenced off and secured and flagging personnel will be used where necessary.
- Dust will be kept to a minimum. This will include utilizing water spraying systems, limiting stockpiles, limiting operations in windy conditions, as well as ample street monitoring/cleaning.
- The graveled access to the dry ponds will minimize mud tracking onto the road. All loaded trucks importing and exporting materials to and from site will be tarped.
- Roads affected by hauling will be cleaned as required. Parking will be prohibited on both sides of the road at the construction site accesses to allow for adequate visibility and turning.
- Work may be delayed due to extreme weather, such as lightning, cold temperatures, and wind. Updates will be provided if original timelines are adjusted.
- Contractor vehicles will be parked within the dry pond fenced area for the pond construction.
- During the sewer upgrade work, contractor vehicles will park in public parking areas near the construction sites
Sidewalks, walkways, pedestrian crossings
- Detours will be created for any sidewalk / pedestrian crossing closures where possible.
- The Haul Route is the system of roads between a worksite and the nearest major intersection that construction vehicles will take when entering and exiting the worksite.
- During this work, you'll see heavy traffic along the haul routes.