Impacts from sewer upgrade work
Alley south of 67 Avenue and west of 112 Street
- The outstanding drainage work is the connection to the existing deep storm line on 67 Avenue.
The tie-in to the existing storm sewer on 67 Avenue requires a full road and sidewalk closure for approximately three weeks, weather permitting, to complete the manhole installation. School bus routes have been adjusted to accommodate the closure and signage will be placed prior to any work starting.
The manhole installation is expected to start on September 9 with completion by the end of September 2020, weather permitting.
- The alley south of 67 Avenue, west of 112 Street, continues to be closed as an unexpected issue has arisen during construction relating to conflicts with the ATCO gas main in the alley, EPCOR Water on 67 Ave and the alley restoration which has delayed the completion of the work. All parties involved are working to resolve this to allow the alley to reopen as soon as possible.
- EPCOR is currently exploring options to temporarily reopen the alley before the end of the 2020 construction season. Residents directly impacted will be provided an update once we have more information.
- The sidewalk on the northside of 67 Avenue will remain open.
Along 62 Avenue and 112A Street
- A full road closure will be in effect for the duration of construction in this area. During this time, access to parking in front of your property will be restricted.
- The sidewalks will be closed and the construction area barricaded for the duration of the construction. Residents will be asked to use back alley access.
- To accommodate the sewer upgrades, three trees will be removed in accordance with the requirements by the City of Edmonton Parks due to proximity to the drainage infrastructure. Where necessary, additional trees may be trimmed to allow the safe operation of equipment.
- Periodic water service interruptions will be required. It is expected that the water service interruptions will not exceed three to four hours at a time. Prior to any water service interruption, a 24-hour notice will be provided.