Based on the feedback we received, EPCOR is proposing to:
Decommission the Londonderry truck-fill station in early 2020
After reviewing our truck fill station operations and consulting with customers, EPCOR will be consolidating the Londonderry truck fill station into our remaining truck fill sites. We expect customer impact will be limited due to the limited activity at this truck-fill site and proximity to two other alternate stations on the north side of Edmonton.
Additionally, given Londonderry's customer base is primarily commercial, these customers can access
EPCOR's hydrant permit program, as a truck fill alternative.
Investigate a viable alternative in the south end of the city prior to making any changes to the level of service at the Kaskitayo station
Through our consultation with customers, we identified that consolidating the Kaskitayo station into our remaining sites without providing an alternative on the south end of the city would significantly impact customer access to bulk water.
As a result, EPCOR will be investigating a viable alternative in the south end of the city prior to changing our service at the Kaskitayo station. We will consult with Kaskitayo customers prior to any changes to the level of service at this truck fill station.
Complete a plan for upgrades at all remaining truck fills to address customer suggestions for improved services
During our consultation, as evident in the
What We Heard Report, truck fill customers identified a number of changes and upgrades that they would like to see put in place across the various truck fill stations. Below we've identified a plan for upgrades moving forward and will be updating as initiatives are completed.
The 2-year plan for our truck-fill station upgrades:
- Review dispensing program to ensure accurate quantity delivered
- Re-label truck fill and barrel fill lines to top and side, respectively
- Put up a sign to remind users to close the panel door
- Reinforce the rules of using gantry for potable only
- Standardize pipe sizes and connection fitting (preferable metal fitting)
- Replace gantry hose with a better one (e.g. one at Kaskitayo station)
- Review water pressure at stations to ensure quick delivery
- Regular check and replacement of gantry hose and barrel fill fitting
- Divert hydro-vac users away from truck fill station and direct towards hydrant program
- Heated concrete pad (or better drainage design) to prevent ice buildup
- Dedicated potable water barrel fill for acreage users
- Improve site access to reduce congestion, vehicle lineup and wait time
- Improve site design to allow more room to maneuver vehicle and less restriction on small trucks used by acreage owners
- Add a 2'' gantry fill at Kaskitayo Fill Station
Your questions and input are important to us. For more information about the project, or to provide us with feedback, please contact us at: