Review of our Kaskitayo and Londonderry sites
The Kaskitayo and Londonderry truck fill stations are under review because they are both located near vulnerable infrastructure and water bodies. This presents the following potential public health and environmental risks:
- Both truck fills stations are located on EPCOR reservoir sites.
- EPCOR reservoir sites are typically not open to the public, and are accessible by essential personnel only, however, the public does have access to both the Kaskitayo and Londonderry reservoirs, as these are the locations of two of our truck fills.
- Increasing the accessibility of the public to EPCOR reservoir sites increases the risk to EPCOR's ability to provide clean, safe and reliable water to City of Edmonton residents.
- Additionally, because they are located on reservoir sites, these truck fills are on occasion closed to the public when there is significant maintenance work to be completed.
- The Kaskitayo station is located near Blackmud Creek and improper truck fill customer use has led to a spill of chlorinated water into this water body, which is harmful to aquatic life.
Additionally, the Londonderry truck fill station is by far our least used truck fill station and, as seen from the map above, there are three other truck fill stations in the north portion of the city.