The expansion of the substation switchyard was described in materials distributed by Capital Power prior to their applying for their new facilities. But as a reminder, included here are drawings and information outlining the nature and scope of the switchyard expansion. EDTI’s project would include:
- The substation will expand by approximately 200 metres to the east;
- The substation will contain four new 500 kV breakers and other associated equipment, surrounded by a chain link fence;
- The substation will have a short transmission line connecting to the new generating units.
- No other transmission lines will be installed as a result of this project.
- If Approved, we anticipate construction will be complete by the winter of 2018/2019