Community Art Contest
Many residents have seen the large worksite at 148 Street and Summit Drive. EPCOR would like to try to improve the look of that site by putting community art on the construction fence hoarding. We would like that art to come from you! The location selected to display the construction art hoarding will be Worksite #1 -
148 Street and Summit Drive.
Art Contest Theme
At EPCOR, we are deeply inspired by the communities where we operate. This is your chance to put your imprint on your community.
We're hosting a community art contest and asking the community to express the heart and soul of your community through art.
We want to know: Through art, demonstrate the heart and soul of your community.
Contest rules and eligibility
- Eligible participants must reside within the boundaries of the Crestwood, Glenora, Grovenor and West Jasper Place neighbourhoods and are aged 5+. Proof of residency may be required.
- All participants must fill out and sign the registration/release form.
- Artwork submitted will become the property of EPCOR and can be used for other purposes as determined by EPCOR.
- Participant’s information collected will be used to contact the contest winners and the artist’s first name and last initial will be published.
- Artwork must conform to the theme. Artwork deemed to be outside the theme will not be considered.
- All artworks must be submitted on time, before the deadline detailed in the contest details.
- Each participant can only submit one piece of original artwork for the contest. A photo of the original artwork will be accepted; however, winners will be asked to provide original artwork.
- Paper size must be 8.5x11” Vertical or Horizontal, or 12x12” square and cannot be folded.
- Submissions can be mailed to:
EPCOR Drainage Services Attn: Communications Coronation Yard
14323 115 Ave
Edmonton AB T5M 3B8
A photo of the original artwork will also be accepted at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be asked to provide original artwork.
- Participants can also submit an explanation of their work (maximum 25-30 words).
- Participants must not copy the work of others. Plagiarism is not allowed in any form.
- The artwork submitted by mail will not be returned.
The deadline to submit artwork is before 11:59 PM on July 2, 2021. Winners will be selected and notified within 21 days from the submission deadline.
EPCOR will invite key community residents/stakeholders to join a panel to judge the entries. Judges may include also include representatives from EPCOR and its project contractor.
There will be one winner from each of the following categories:
- Ages 5-8
- Ages 9-13
- Ages 14-17
- Ages 18-64
Each winner will have their artwork displayed at Worksite #1 – 148 Street and Summit Drive. In addition, the winners will each receive a technology prize valued at approximately $230.
Once the winners have been notified, EPCOR will host a public event with the winners from the contest to unveil the winning artwork will be held. Please note, the event will be contingent upon whether COVID-19 restrictions are lifted at that time. More information will be provided once the details are confirmed.
An additional art construction hoarding panel will be created by EPCOR with EPCOR branding and will include an explanation of the artwork and a list of the winners.