Impacts at 148 Street and 99 Avenue
At this work location (green area on map), we'll first construct the shaft, then retrieve the
tunnel boring machine (TBM). The TBM will then tunnel west to the
work location at 150 Street and 99 Avenue.
During this work, you'll encounter:
- A closed sidewalk on the north side of Summit Drive with detoured pedestrian traffic (orange line on map)
- 148 Street will be closed north of 99 Avenue (red line on map)
- The lane will be opened during Candy Cane Lane to allow one way north-south traffic. Flagging personnel will be there to ensure safety.
- Regular construction activities from Monday to Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- During the
tunneling period, we'll be working 24 hours a day.
- The tunneling period is estimated to start in Summer 2021 and is expected to last 41 days.
- Working hours will be reduced during Candy Cane Lane. Construction will be modified to stop at 4:00 p.m. to allow vehicle access.
- Holiday themed
construction site hoarding will be put in place coincide with Candy Cane Lane activities
- Heavy traffic along the
haul route; tandem trucks and equipment will be coming down the haul route 5-7 times a day