What organic material will the facility accept?
The Project’s Provincial permitting will outline the types of organic material that can be processed by the facility.
- Livestock manure (50% or greater of total organic material processed)
- Fats, oils, and greases (e.g. grease trap fat from restaurants, food processors, and cafeterias
- Food processing residues (e.g. paunch manure, brewery wastewater, oil seed processing residues, and pet food )
- Kitchen and market residues (e.g. candies and cookies, dough and vegetables, fruits and grains from food processors, restaurants, and cafeterias)
- Other organic materials (e.g. silage, damaged/rejected crops)