For more information
- Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code, Part 17 Overhead Power Lines.
- 225 (1) An employer must contact the power line operator before work is done or equipment is operated within 7.0 metres of an energized overhead power line.
Employers are required to ensure that employees, tools, materials, equipment, and mobile equipment used in work do not come within 7 m of overhead power lines. In developing a safe work plan, consider electrical factors that include, but are not limited to:
- Ground disturbance including utility locating and excavating.
- Height and reach of the equipment in proximity to energized overhead electrical equipment.
- Equipment placement.
- Use of conducting materials.
- Need to notify and/or seek assistance from the electric utility owner.