April 21, 2017
BOIL WATER ADVISORY ENDS for Springbrook Community in Red Deer County
Red Deer County – Effective immediately, Alberta Health Service (AHS) has lifted the Boil Water Advisory for the community of Springbrook, located in Red Deer County, about 10 kilometers south of Red Deer.
Water tests have confirmed that the water is safe for consumption and residents and businesses in the community can stop boiling water prior to drinking or cooking, and resume normal water handling practices.
Residents and businesses should complete the following actions prior to resuming normal water handling:
- Flush all water-using fixtures for 5 minutes. Flush means run taps
- Run all cold water faucets/drinking water fountains for 5 minute before using the water
- Drain and flush ice-making systems on their refrigerator
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Drain all cisterns and flush with clean water
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45 degrees C (normal setting is 60 degrees C)
- Run food spraying sprinklers for 5 minutes before using the water
- Clean and disinfect all counters
EPCOR and Red Deer County thank the residents and businesses for their understanding, their compliance with the boil water requirements, and their assistance in sharing information with their fellow residents and customers.