To ensure that we continue to provide our customers with safe and reliable water, the Chaparral City Water Company will be:
- Introducing an improved water treatment process, and
- Making important infrastructure upgrades.
New water treatment process
Why we improved the process
While the current method of treatment was effective and safe, it's not always reliable and needed improvements to meet new Federal drinking water standards.
new treatment method
The new treatment method:
- Is more reliable, efficient and sustainable
- Improves water quality by absorbing and removing arsenic from the water
- Protects the surface water supply
What's being upgraded
The Chaparral City Water Company is also improving the infrastructure of our biggest freshwater resevoir to ensure continued reliability. We will also repair or replace other aging infrastructure components including:
- Service line pumps and valves
We began work on these improvements in June 2012 and will complete our work in early 2013.
Read the customer letter that we sent out June 1, 2012.